We are a group in Upstate NY dedicated to the enjoyment of woodworking. Membership includes lectures and workshops by renowned woodworking personalities and local professionals as well as free access to our extensive lending library of books and videos.
Check back regularly to see our updated schedule for:
- Local Workshops: A local woodworker hosts a 2–8-hour workshop for a specific skill or project type.
Note: you must be a member and logged in to register.
- Volunteering: Many woodworkers are active volunteers using their skills to help organizations like CP Rochester and St. Michael's Woodshop. Volunteer opportunities are open to all. Please contact Stephen MacIntyre at email@example.com
- National meetings: Held once/month with a prominent national speaker for 2 hours. Open to members and non-members; registration not required.
- National workshops: Typically, a prominent speaker runs a one-day workshop. Some of these have modest fees. Typically held once/month Sep-May; members only except Sep, registration required.
- Show & Tell: A virtual zoom event for 1-2 hours in an evening in which members share projects, skills, tips and experiences. These are typically held once/month Sep-May. Members only, no registration required.
- SIGs (Special Interest Groups) for Furniture, Luthiers, Turning and Community service. Meetings are smaller and 1-2 hours long for members interested in the subject. Typically held once/month Sep-May but some groups continue in the summer. Members can read and add to SIG (Special Interest Group) threads by clicking Resources, then Forums.
To join RWS please click: New Member Signup
RWS Typically holds eight National Meetings a year between September and May. We meet on the St. John Fisher Campus EXCEPT in January and February when our meetings are held virtually using zoom. These meetings begin at 7 PM and typically involves a series of announcements, updates and a raffle. A presentation by our visiting national speaker begins at 8 PM and usually lasts about an hour. Non-members are welcome to attend national meetings free of charge. RWS welcomes everyone interested in the craft whether professional or hobbyist. Join the company of hundreds of enthusiasts – carvers, turners, furniture makers, boat builders, and other skilled craftspeople and take your woodworking skills to a new level.
COVID NOTE: We are continually assessing our plans to best to protect members and guests. Please check our calendar or event listings regularly to see up-to-date plans.