Have you ever thought about building a stringed musical instrument? Want to explore that idea? RWS announces a new SIG for you!
Luthier (noun): one who makes stringed musical instruments (as violins or guitars)
Rich Towsley (who has made a lot of mountain dulcimers) is teaming up with Al Kupchella (who is working on his 2nd guitar) to start-up a Luthiers Special Interest Group (SIG). We have a few ideas about how we might proceed with this, but the only thing we’re sure of is that we’re having an initial get-acquainted meeting of interested, curious, and even skeptical RWS members.
- We’d love to hear from you!
On this meeting’s agenda are:
- Installing the Rosette around the sound hole – using hyde glue
- Installing the bracing on the back – using the clamping cauls that somebody (was it Craig?) took as homework, plus the go-bar press
- Sanding the kerfing level with the sides – using the sanding stick Stewmac suggested
If you have any suggestions for the agenda, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
- Anything you would like to share or demonstrate
Comprehensive presentation of the CITES ban on all species of Dalbergia including Bubinga for commercial import & export.