Showcase 2018 – April 21 from 10 AM to 4 PM at the Rochester Museum and Science Center Eisenhart Auditorium
Rochester Woodworkers Society will hold its 2018 Showcase and Competition on Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Eisenhart Auditorium at the Rochester Museum and Science Center. The Showcase will be open to the public and will include both a juried and a display (non-juried) show of the work of RWS members in the categories described below.
Submit Showcase Entries
- Furniture A – Tables, Beds
- Furniture B – Cases, Cabinets, Desks, Chairs, Rockers
- Furniture C – Furniture Accessories, Accent Pieces, Carvings, Marquetry
- Turning A – Faceplate Turnings, Bowls, Platters, Plates, Vessels
- Turning B – Spindle Turnings Pens, Finials, Spindles, Ornaments
- Luthier – Luthier (Stringed Musical Instruments) – If a kit is used, this must be documented on entry form for addition to the label placed with the entry.
- Other Musical Instruments – Musical Instruments: Other (non-stringed Instruments) If the entry is a restoration, before and after images must accompany the entry.
- Other Large Items – Items larger than fitting on a table top – Shop Equipment, Workbenches, Boats, Boating Accessories – Other Large items not fitting in Categories 1-7.
- Other Small Items – Items fitting on table top – Toys, Mini’s Models or other small sized items not fitting in Categories 1-7.
All categories are judged individually and the awards are as follows:
- First Place: One each Category
- Best of Show: One item from Entire Show (1 Award to be given)
- People’s Choice: Each person entering the show has one vote toward this award. (1 Award)
- Honorable Mention: (Three each Category or at discretion of judges)
The Showcase will also include demonstrations by RWS members.
Judges for the Showcase
- Kurt Hertzog – Professional Woodturner
- Scott Sober – Professional Furniture Maker
- Scott Grove – Professional Woodworkers
- Sompa Lhundup -Tibetan Wood Carver