EXHIBIT ENTRY FORM
Rochester Woodworkers Society Showcase 2018
WHAT: RWS Showcase 2018 (www.rochesterwoodworkers.com)
WHERE: Eisenhart Auditorium, Rochester Museum and Science Center
WHEN: Setup – Friday, April 20, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Showcase – Doors Open Saturday, April 21, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Clean up between 4:00 and 5:00 PM
How to Complete the Entry Form.
The Entry Form consists of predetermined form fields. This is driven by information that will be used for the display table cards as provided by you, the RWS member. Starting with your name, click on the gray box and type your full name. Then hit the tab key or just click on the next box to continue. Under the “Showcase Entries” section of the form select the checkbox options and dropdown menus as needed, if you want to provide information for more than one entry, click the “Add Entry” button as many times as needed. When the form is complete, click “Submit”.
The display table cards will be created for every piece that you enter in the Showcase, and these cards will have a finished size of 3 ½” x 4 ½”. Due to the finished size of the table cards, the description field in the entry form must be a short 250 character description of the piece. If you want a longer description of the piece, you may include a printed flyer with the entry. Please keep in mind that any items that are displayed on a table versus the floor have a limited amount of “real estate” per object.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS NOW Friday, April 6,2018
NOTE: Display labels are made in advance using the information provided below. The labels will be waiting when you bring your entry on Friday, April 20th. No exhibit items accepted after 7:00PM. Please be aware that it may take up to one (1) hour to complete the drop off and placement of showcase items. Showcase exhibitors are responsible for placement of their own items within the display area. Judging will be from 6:00 – 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- Email Address:
- Judged (Only 1 Per Category) Y / N: Indicate if the item is entered for judging. Limit of one entry per category per member. For a Collaborated item to be Judged, the woodwork must be done with RWS Members. Otherwise, it will be entered as Display only.
- Non-Judged – Display Only Y / N: Indicate if the item is only for display. Member feedback indicated desire for non-judged entries.
- Previous Winner Y / N: Required for every entry, this qualifies the entry to be displayed in a special previous winners’ area.
- Display on Table (T), or on Floor (F): Specify if the item is to be displayed as a floor piece, or small enough to be on a table
- Entry Dimensions Width x Height x Depth: In order to better plan for gallery space, provide the dimensions of each entry.
- Category: This will be a selection from the Showcase entry categories listed below. Only enter category number (1,2,3,etc…)
- Title: You may provide your own title for the piece. If you don’t have a specific title you want to use, please use “Untitled”. (75 characters)
- Description: Provide a SHORT description of the piece, no longer than 250 characters with spaces.
- List of Woods: Indicate the wood species used in the project. (70 characters)
- Finish Used: Indicate the finish used, for example, Shellac, Paste Wax, Wipe-on Polyurethane, etc. (75 characters)
EXHIBIT HALL ENTRY CATEGORIES
- Furniture-A – Tables, Beds
- Furniture-B – Cases, Cabinets, Desks, Chairs, Rockers
- Furniture-C – Furniture Accessories, Accent Pieces, Carvings, Marquetry
- Turning-A – Faceplate Turnings: Bowls, Platters, Plates, Vessels
- Turning-B – Spindle Turnings: Pens, Finials, Spindles, Ornaments
- Luthier – Luthier (Stringed Musical Instruments) – If a kit is used, this must be documented on entry form for addition to the label placed with the entry. If the entry is a restoration, before and after images must accompany the entry.
- Other Musical Instruments – Musical Instruments: Other (non-stringed instruments) – If the entry is a restoration, before and after images must accompany the entry.
- Other Large Items – Items larger than table top — Shop Equipment, Workbenches, Boats, Boating Accessories, other large entries not fitting in categories 1 – 7.
- Other Small Items – Table Top Sized — Toys, Mini’s, Models, or other table top sized entries not fitting in categories 1 – 7.
ENTRY RULES FOR EXHIBIT HALL
ENTRY RULES FOR EXHIBIT HALL
- Entry forms must be received by Friday April 6, 2018.
- The Showcase will be open to the public, and include a juried show of the work of RWS member’s entries in the categories listed on the entry form. If competition is not for you, members are strongly encouraged to enter items for “Display Only” in any of the listed categories. The juried show and display area will not be open to non-member’s entries this year. There is no entry fee for Showcase items.
- Due to exhibit hall space limitations, each RWS Member is allowed a maximum of six (6) entries. A member can have more than one of their entries in a single category, however only 1 entry may be entered for judging per category. All others in the same category will be entered as “display only”.
- All exhibit items must be delivered to Eisenhart Auditorium no later than 7:00 PM, Friday April 20th. No exceptions.
- Display labels will be created using the information provided in this entry form. Please be aware that it may take up to one (1) hour to complete the drop off and placement of showcase items. Showcase exhibitors are responsible for placement of their own items in the correct category locations within the display area.
- Exhibits are not to be removed from the Showcase before 4:00 PM Saturday April 21, 2018.
- Judges reserve the right to re-categorize an item for judging.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Award winning items from previous RWS Showcase are not eligible for the juried show, but are encouraged to be displayed in Previous Show Winners area.
- The Showcase will include local businesses as well as RWS members who can sell their items, provided they have a tax ID #.
- Sale of items entered in the Showcase by RWS Members requires NYS tax ID displayed at the Showcase. (The exhibit hall is not a commercial area. Price tags or literature other than small business cards are not allowed and will be removed and disposed of.) Private sales can be advertised, but not conducted at the Showcase.
ENTRY RULES FOR EXHIBIT HALL
- First Place: One each Category
- Best of Show: One item from Whole Show (1 Award to be given)
- People’s Choice: Chosen by all attendees of the show – public and RWS members. Each person entering show has one vote toward this award. (1 Award)
- Honorable Mention: (Three each Category or at discretion of judges)